Set up your wallet
1. Download the Maiar wallet app on your phone – works on any type of phone.
2. Open the app – Click Get Started – Click Continue a few times – Click Create a new wallet – Enter your Phone Number. That’s it – you have an account!
3. If you get this message, just wait a few minutes!
4. First thing you need to do is to back up your secret phrase (the key to your wallet). Go to Settings – Click on Secret Phrase
5. Click on Back up manually – Arrange the words and click Unlock Secret Phrase – Write down the secret phrase and click continue and then tap on the words in the correct order to confirm that you’ve written them down!
6. You’ve now successfully secured your secret phrase! We recommend you keep the phrase offline and to yourself only. Anyone with that key can access your account and steal your money so be careful!
1. One way to add EGLD to Maiar is to buy it from Maiar with a credit card using 3rd parties like Trasak, Ramp or Moonpay! However those have hidden costs so you end up paying more than you’re supposed to! We recommend you buy EGLD from a centralized exchange like Binance and then transfer it to your Maiar
2. To deposit money from Binance, Click DEPOSIT. Now COPY the address! (The circle highlights your public address)
3. Now go over to Binance – Click on WALLET – go to SPOT – Click on your Elrond EGLD balance
4. Now click WITHDRAW – Paste your address that you copied from Maiar – Choose the Elrond eGold NETWORK – write the amount you want to withdraw and click on the withdraw button
5. Make sure the address is accurate and CONFIRM – Confirm the withdrawal with the 2FA and the one time code from your email! – The funds will arrive in Maiar in a few minutes tops!
Congrats! You’ve now set up your Maiar Wallet and have deposited funds into it!