How to stake :
1. Open Maiar and Click EARN – now Click STAKE
2. A bunch of staking providers will now appear! Choose one provider (scroll down on this article to understand how these work and which providers we recommend) Press continue
3. Choose the amount of EGLD that you want to stake (Min. 1). Click continue
4. Click on STAKE to confirm the action and pay the required gas fees
5. Wait a few seconds for the blockchain to approve your transaction. If for some reason your action isn’t approved, repeat the process! (Make sure you have enough in your wallet for the gas fees)
6. You will see the staked amount when you click on EARN on the Maiar app mainpage.
7. If you want to stake with multiple providers, repeat this process but simply choose another provider on step 2!
How to unstake :
1. Open Maiar and Click EARN – now Click UNSTAKE
2. Choose the provider you want to unstake from
3. Feed in the amount you’d like to unstake. Click continue
4. Tick the box and confirm action through clicking UNSTAKE.
5. Wait for the confirmation (a few seconds). If for some reason your action isn’t approved, repeat the process! (Make sure you have enough in your wallet for the gas fees)
6. After 10 days, go to EARN and then click WITHDRAW. The funds will be visible in your wallet after a few seconds!
Why should I stake my EGLD?
Staking is a source of passing income! Once you have deposited your EGLD to Maiar, you can put that money to work by staking it! People make the mistake of speculating only on the price. You do not have to buy an asset hoping that the price is going to go up. At the moment, Maiar is offering staking of 12-16% per year. That means that if you have 100 EGLD and you stake them for 1 year, you’re going to have 12 to 16 additional EGLD to your bag! You can make money without the price rise.
About the providers :
The staking providers are companies or people that are running nodes in the Elrond network. They will basically put your money to sustain the network and will share the revenue with you. As you can see, different providers give different rates (all percentage points indicate the rate per year).
How much can I stake
Minimum of 1EGLD – NO MAX!
Can I lose my money by staking ?
Putting your money with these different providers will not take your EGLD off the blockchain and they will not be able to run with your money. The only risk with handing them your EGLD is that they will stop running a node and you’ll end up waiting 10 days to reclaim your EGLD!
What is APR?
APR is the annual percentage rate which basically refers to the yearly interest generated by your staked amount! For example, if the APR is 13% and you stake 10 EGLD, you’re going to have 11.3 EGLD by the end of the year.
Is the APR fixed ?
The APR isn’t fixed and it fluctuates based on how much money is staked. More money staked = less APR. Less money staked = more APR!
Can I unstake my EGLD whenever I want?
Yes you can but you’ll have to wait 10 days to reclaim your stake. Keep this in mind if you’re planning on selling your EGLD because your stake will be locked for an additional of 10 days after you decide to unstake them!
What providers should I choose?
You should do some research on the providers but usually the ones with a blue tick are the ones you can safely go with! I have personally staked or am staking with : United Group, Titan Stake, Helios Staking, MGStaking, Everstake company, Stakeborg, Staking Agency and Partner Staking.